Universities in Japanavisaexpert
International recognition exists for the excellence of Universities in Japan and higher education. The University of Tokyo and Kyoto University are rated 22nd and 33rd, respectively, in 2020 The above – QS World University Rankings, which includes 41 Japanese Universities. These are some high ranking Universities in japan:
1- University of Tokyo
- As one of Japan’s first national universities, “Todai,” was founded in 1877, and it is now ranked by Thomson Reuters as one of the top research institutions in the world.
- Its three beautiful campuses in Hongo, Kashiwa, and Kamaba have 15 graduate schools, 11 faculties with specialty areas of study, as well as research centers, libraries, and other facilities.
- One of the best universities in Japan that fall under the category of top research institutes in the University of Tokyo.
- Law and Politics
- Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Humanities & Sociology
- Arts and Science
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
¥535,800 (for the 2022 school year)
World rank: #24 Score: 83.2
2- Kyoto University
- Founded in 1897, Kyoto University is one of the best universities in Japan. When it was first established, it was known as Kyoto Imperial University: 1947 saw the name change take place.
- One of the main benefits of attending this university is that both internal and overseas students pay the same tuition rates.
- This institution has a semester based academic calendar, and Japanese is the mother language of teaching. There are English taught courses as well, mostly at the graduate level.
- The university has 10 academic divisions that offer undergraduate degrees.
- Public Health
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
World rank: #38 Score: 78.9
3- Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Tokyo Institute of Technology, one of the first five Designated National Universities, is the largest higher education institution in Japan completely focused on science and technology. It was founded in 1881.
- As part of the Top Global University Project, the Japanese government has recognized it as a “Top Type” university. It is one of the top institutions in Japan.
- The college has campuses in Tamachi and Suzukakedai in addition to its Main Campus in Ookayma, which borders Meguro and Ota.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Liberal Arts
- Social Science
- Data Science
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems and Control Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Information and Communications Engineering
World rank: #56 Score: 70.8
4- Osaka University
- A public university in Japan is called Osaka University (often referred to as OU): This university, which was founded in 1931, was known as the sixth imperial university of Japan.
- OU’s main campus is currently in Osaka, and it also has campuses in Minoh, Toyonaka, and Suita.
- During the academic year 2007–2008, the university partnered up with the Osaka University of Foreign Studies. In that same year, around 9% of the student body was international.
- Another great advantage of enrolling in a program at this institution is that tuition is the same for both students and teachers: Osaka University offers 11 undergraduate schools and is wholly focused on research.
- The university also has a number of graduate programs, including a school for advanced biosciences and a school for language and culture.
- This university has a number of libraries, including ones for foreign studies, engineering, science, and life sciences. This is one of its best-selling points.
- The Connecting and Joining Research Institute and the Research Institute for Infectious Disease are both parts of Osaka University’s network of research institutes.
- Engineering Science
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Natural Sciences
- Physics & Astronomy
- Chemical Engineering
¥535,800 / year
World rank: #72 Score: 66.1
5- Tohoku University
- Tohoku University set a benchmark for future Japanese higher education by admitting admission to both women and graduates from technical colleges.
- It stays on top of its game due to its next generation medical research. It is situated in Sendai, a sizable city with a population of one million.
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Educational Science
- Business Administration
- Astronomy and Geophysics
- Environmental Science
- Planetary Materials Science
- Medical Sciences
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering,
- Applied Biosciences
¥535,800 / year
World rank: #79 score: 64.3